Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cenk Mentioned at NYTimes.com

Cenk's article, "Why Does Barack Obama Love the Estblishment So Much?" got a mention in a NYTimes online piece this weekend.  The NYTimes piece, which is a weekly column summarizing the reaction of the online left and right current events, is painful to read as the author seems to struggle to understand the left.  The writer, Tobin Harshaw, covers the hippie punching incident with a bit a bewilderment. 

I'm disappointed that Cenk missed the hippie punching story.  I didn't hear them mention it on Friday's show, and I'm sure it's something Cenk and Ben would have been interested in discussing. 

Personally I don't like the term hippie punching.  I had never heard of it before this week, but it's meaning seems obvious given the context.  I don't like it because I don't identify myself as a hippie, and I certainly wouldn't call Cenk a hippie, but TYT Nation is definitely apart of the group that the White House has been punching.  It is a term that seems make it even easier for this Tobin guy to dismiss the progressive criticisms of this president. 

No comments:

Post a Comment